11.10.2008

QOTD.


me: I would like two egg mcmuffins without the meat.
voice from beyond: you mean without the sausage?
me: ok. sure.
voice from beyond: hang on one moment.
me: *shaking my head*
voice from beyond: the egg mcmuffin doesn't come with sausage.
me: okay, then give me the egg mcmuffin without WHATEVER meat it normally comes with. {is she kidding me here???}
voice from beyond: canadian bacon. you want your egg mcmuffins without the canadian bacon?
me: if that is the meat it comes with normally, then yes, i would like my egg mcmuffins to NOT come with that.
*blah blah blah. order complete. please drive to the first window*
me: *pulling up to the first window where no one is actually there.*
voice who is now a person: *shows up, opens the window* So you want just egg and cheese on your egg mcmuffins??
me: *shooting daggers* Yes. egg. cheese. muffin.
voice who is now a person: okay. That will be $$$.
me: handing the cash and shaking my head.

HOLY CRAP! What is up with the people in this town? What part of no meat do they not understand? And do they really think that no meat only counts if it is sausage? GAWD! That was painful. The last time I ordered the egg mcmuffins without meat i ended up with meat mcmuffins without egg. SERIOUSLY! Needless to say I didn't leave the window until I was sure that my mcmuffins had no meat and did have egg. What a crackpot squad of saavy individuals they have working there, eh?


QOTD:
When was the last time you had a food ordering mishap and what was the circumstance surrounding it?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two weeks ago when I took my son to a local restaurant. It was a slight mishap. Perhaps the waitress was flustered in the presence of two fine specimens (heh)

I ordered my salad with French dressing and son ordered with honey mustard. We both got honey mustard and he was disappointed because it wasn't the creamy blended kind he was thinking of.

I narrowly avoided an alcohol mishap. They recently got their liquor license so I will be generous and say that it was inexperience. I asked what they had for whiskey and she started the list with Jack Daniels. cough Bourbon!

~R

Anonymous said...

OK - I *know* I'm a New Yorker stranded in the Midwest and all... but SHIT!

When I say it's "to stay" I mean I ant it "for here". Regardless of whether I ever learn 42 year of saying "to stay" and replace it with "for here" (which is a mental challenge for me, apparently), bur regardless, they are EQUIVALENT in ENGLISH.

And stop asking me if I want a "sack" - JESUS! Asking a New Yorker if he wants a sack is like inviting him to KICJ YOUR ASS!

Just GIVE me the COFFEE in the container that allows me to sit at one of your tables to drink it and DON'T put it in a FRICKIN' BAG (HEY! IT"S A BAG< GA-DAMIT!!!)!

Now I'm gonna go get me a POP! LMAO!

Anonymous said...

The last mishap happened at McDonald's 2 weeks ago. (Yes. McDonald's lacks rocket scientist at their windows.) I ordered the younger of the creature's offspring, a a chicken club crsipy. They brought it grill without cheese.

Now, if you click on the creature's link, you will see what the creature considers to be a good take-out dish.

Anonymous said...

So apparently crack pot squads of savvy individuals are available at a take out place or a sit down restaurant near you.

R,
I am sure she was flustered. Y'all are fine. {I wonder if you will have to unlearn your fancy Alaskan lingo when you move to SoCal.}

E,
You are gonna have to learn the lingo, my friend. LMAO!

Creature,
McDonalds. Not for those who want their food their way. ;-) And LMAO! at your good take-out dish!

~ b

tee hee!

Anonymous said...

I am trying to think of the last screw up... I've been lucky I think.
Aside from slow service in some chain franchise eatery that thinks it's haute cuisine I haven't been too badly off. Thought there was this one time I order the cream of something soup at the local bagel place (which has since disappeared) it tasted like paper paste. I told the girl I couldn't eat it because ... it tasted like paper paste -
She said to me as blinked her baby blues "well... I wouldn't know because I've never eaten glue, but I guess I'd better give you your money back. And you probably won't want the *minnie stroonie* because I just had another lady your age tell me she didn't like it."
seriously...
ter