11.09.2008

Leave me a Message.


My cell phone provider decided to reset my outgoing message for me. Rudy let me know about this annoying little turn of events last night. I wasted no time in setting that to rights. My new message is just a simple "hello". and a pause {to confuse people and cause them to launch into a conversation with me.} and then after said pause "leave me a message." tee hee!

Rudy thinks this message is funny. He told me so last night. Apparently that is not the immediate consensus as the kid got my vm early this morning and began to talk to me only to hear me say "leave me a message". HA! He informed me that my outgoing is SO not funny and how he started talking to me and then heard me say "leave a message" and he was all..."what the fuck???" bwahahaha.

Okay. I can see how that might be annoying but it is still funny. I probably won't leave it since it is how people besides those who have to put up with me contact me
but for today

I am still giggling.



QOTD:

When someone phones you and is directed to your voice mail what delightful message greets them?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Work:
Hello, this is (name) of the (company) Enterprise Information Securtity Office. I'm either on my phone or away from my desk, but please feel free to leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I am able. Thank you and have a good day.

Home:
(automated voice says): Please leave a message.

I'm sorry, but I deal with the pause thing all day every day for years now at work. It's cute for home use if the right person does it and picks it up, don't get me wrong, but at work, that person is generally a dick and a control freak and spells agravation for me. My son's school psychologist does it, but he's into playing with minds so while I can't stand it, considering the source and hokey jokes he tells, it's meant to be all in fun, so I ignore it for my boy's sake. Otherwise, since I basically live on the phone all day all over North America every day, been there, done that, got the friggin tee shirt and all the agravation of returned calls through the years...

Anonymous said...

"hi, this is ***'s cell phone. Please leave a message"

boring I know but I have gotten more than my fair share of wrong numbers and back before I had unlimited service I had hoped it would prevent people from leaving messages for someone else.

I should change it to something more amusing. If I annoy people then maybe they will not call back heh!

~R

inner 12 y.o. snickers cuz the word ver = scrotte

Anonymous said...

Funny story...

shortly after the wife left I had a friend of mine (her ex friend) record my message at home.

"Hello, you have reached xxx-yyyy. I am sorry but *we* can't come to the phone right now. Please leave a message and have a great day!"

the first time the ex called and got that she wasted NO TIME in calling friend's cell to try to get a feel for what was what.

LMAO

~R

Anonymous said...

home phone..
HI we're not home right now. Please leave a message and we''ll call you back. If you don't hear from us within 24 hrs it's because one of the girls erased the message and didn't bother telling us that you called.

Work
Hi this me.. Please leave a message and I'll return your call when I am back at my office. Bonjour je n'est suis pas a mons bureay, laissez moi un message et je vous rappelerez aussi -tot qu possible. Merci thanks

my cell - no voice mail. I have caller ID only If I don't recognize the number I don't answer it.
t

Anonymous said...

I forget. I put it on years ago and never lsten to it. Maybe someone who actually calls me can tell you.