11.20.2008

Birthday Treat.


You put candles on a cake,
it’s a birthday cake.
You put candles on a pie,
someone’s drunk in the kitchen.
~ jim gaffigan
Every year for more years than I can recall my momma gave me a lemon meringue pie for my birthday. I love lemon meringue pie. mmmm. My daddy and bro have continued this tradition and today the kid delivered my birthday pie. We put a candle in it and Rudy and the kid sang to me. It was delicious.

QOTD~
What sweet treat do you like to enjoy on your birthday? Does this treat include a candle for wishing on and blowing out even if the sweet isn't a traditional birthday cake?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY girlfriend, I am SOOOO sorry to have missed it!

Hope you had a GREAT, WONDERFUL, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

love and hugs,

Lily

Anonymous said...

when I am at home for my birthday I get the traditional Jeannie's bakery cake which was our tradition.

Sinve I've been married the spousal unit doesn't understand how to plan or do birthdays so it has been very ad hoc over the years. The girls plan sometimes and will get a DQ ice cream cake... but the three of us have our birthdays in one month - and by the time mine comes along, we are admittedly kinda tired of cake... any cake... so I have been known to get chip dip in a fancy dish with my favourite ripple chips instead.
T

Anonymous said...

Lily... you didn't answer the question....
t

Anonymous said...

the girl child (in the recent years before she decided she didn't have room for me in her life) baked me the chocolate cake recipe on the side of the hersheys cocoa can. I have had it made by others but hers turns out differently. (in a good way)

~R