11.08.2008

QOTD.


I was awakened early this morning by one cat sitting by my face and incessantly tapping on my face. As I reached a level of consciousness I became aware of a annoying beeping that was not my alarm. As we often do when in a state of confusion, I began to consider what in the world within my house could be making that noise without actually making a move to go find the source.

My first thought was that the Carbon Monoxide meter in the hallway was malfunctioning but that couldn't be because I would like to think that something as important as that would make a much louder noise. I decided that the best way to determine the source of the noise and make it stop was to actually get out of bed and go investigate.

It didn't take long to locate the source of the noise as it was coming from across the hall in the kid's room. {He is in the valley this weekend working at his volunteer station and finishing up his ride along time for his EMT certification.} It was his alarm. When he is home and using the alarm it is actually hooked up to his iPod. When he isn't home, isn't using it and his iPod isn't attached it makes quite an annoying beep.

I can't read the buttons because the print is too small so I can't turn it off properly. Yes, I could just start pushing buttons but then I would most likely end up playing the same game again tomorrow morning and I would prefer not to do so. I stumble back to my room, tripping over cats who want to be fed way more than they want me to stop the beeping and get my glasses. Back to the kid's room and find the button that turns the alarm off.

If it goes off again tomorrow I am gonna phone the kid. He deserves it. I was up at 0600 hours on a Saturday. How is this good?

This leads us to today's qotd:

What time did YOU get up this morning and what motivated or forced you to do so?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I JUST got up - 10:59 AM - it was going to snow perhaps, so I didn't plan on being out early and I had no particular place to go. It's going to be one of those weekends with no one around and limited funds to go out. Plus it must be 30 degrees out. And the stubborn tree in the back yard still has it's friggin leaves. So, I guess first order of business is to make coffee whilst I do laundry. Then I'll get my ass out to the supermarket to buy stuff to make chili in the crock pot for a week. Then I guess if I'm motivated, I'll go at least rake some of the leaves in the back. Then I'll probably cuddle up to the TV for a while and get online tonight. Tomorrow, it's coffee house by 10 AM, smile at the cute girl who does the comics and crosswords every morning who is way to young for me, Handle some paperwork for the office, investigate some supplies at Home Depot to finish my upstairs, do some work to clean up the crap up there so I can move around to finish the work, grow annoyed and bored with working up there after an hour or so, eat some chili (yum) and settle in for evening festivities. And Monday is up at 6:30 for the job...

And, yes, iHome alarm clocks are obnoxious if you don't have the iPod in :-) Call him, he DOES deserve that :-)

Anonymous said...

hmm if we get technical, I was upn at 2:27 Am when the oldest went to the bar the first time with the girl friends and came home more than a bit tipsy.. happy tipsy, but drunk just the same. She needed to let loose and let loose she did.
She was supposed to finish Driver's Ed today, but guess what? Woke up severely hung over, had to barf a few times and then wait a bit before taking her breakfast drugs!

Or did you mean when I got up to get to the hair dresser's who has moved from dowtn town to open her own salon at home which is as far away from as she could be but still in the same city. I was up at 7:37 when the radio came on.

And that's the short long story! (-:
t

Anonymous said...

I got up the first time around 8:30 (I think, I didn't check) to feed the pack. I went right back to bed.

A few ago I was wakened by 110 lbs of malamute walking over me and occasionally licking my eye. I must have been his day to wake me cuz she just sat back and let him.

I stumbled to the laundry room, filled the water dish and noticed that her food dish had become his toy (it wasn't there so that means I will find it in the yard with new bite marks in it) I quick peek out the back door didn't help. I am blind w/o my glasses, it is 17 degrees and I am currently nekkid so I wasn't going to stand there and squint for a light colored dish on a snow covered yard.

I decided now would be a good time to give them their treat - basted beef joint bones. I know where they will be for the next couple hours LOL Unlike b who must stay up if she has had some sleep even if it wasn't enough (curse of morning people) I stumbled back to bed. Not sure if sleep is possible though. B has heard the pack's powerful jaws grinding on bones before, she will know what I mean.

~R

LMAO word ver = pyBONING

Anonymous said...

Sheesh! Ronan is such a two year old! He nabbed Ciara's bone when she went to get a drink.

She came back to the bedroom empty handed so to speak. How wrong is that when there is a new bone? Luckily for her I am alpha dog and can take food away.

She is now comfortably outside while he is still working on his indoors.

~R

Lily on the Road said...

Slept in yesterdat until 7:30, went for a run in the drizzle, came home and did house work!

This morning slept in until 6:30, got up went for a run in town and now I discover (yes, now that I'm in my comfies, that I have to go back into town because I forgot to buy fish food), CRAP!

Lily