11.23.2008

gotcha.



We own the above pictured grenade. You pull the pin, hide the grenade and wait for some poor unsuspecting soul to find it and set off the screeching tones causing them to curse you and laugh at the same time.

A few days ago the kid rigged it up in the fridge. He and Rudy were annoying me and I had just locked them out of the house. I opened the fridge to get a drink before unlocking the door and I almost had an attack. I would never have expected that kind of noise to occur when opening the fridge. It was awesomely frightening. LOL!

This morning I got my revenge. I rigged the thing into the box of yum yums Rudy and I picked up last night. I left the box sitting on the kitchen table. And then Rudy and I waited. Dang it took the kid a while before he got up and then finally went to get a donut. But eventually he did. He jumped a little, as donut boxes should not make that noise when opened.

The kid informed me that that is messed up but it was good. I admitted that while the grenade in the yum yums box was good nothing yet has topped his epic choice of rigging it up in the fridge. Never fear, my son. I will find a way.
Beware.
Just.
Beware. {tee hee.}

QOTD:
Do you play practical jokes with your family or friends? What is the best *gotcha* moment You can recall?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite gotcha moment was played by myself and my brother against our mother.

She was on a softball team that played at a new field about a block from the house. After a game she would be super thirsty and come home for a drink. Either by design or mistake she picked up tonic water instead of club soda one time. She didn't like it a bit and promptly switched back to club soda.

My brother and I took an empty club soda bottle and transferred the ghastly tonic water into it then put it where she kept her club soda.

she came home from the softball park and went to her stash. She was three swallows down before she realized something was wrong and started sputtering.

Everyone gets a giggle out of it now but I am certain only my brother and I did at the time :-D

~R

Anonymous said...

No one here I know well enough to have that type of relationship with quite yet, except maybe, my boss. I decorated her office pink for her 40th birthday and she swore, "you know what they say about payback..." Since then, there's a lot of tension between us so right now, I am just laying low which seems to be frustrating the hell out of her. My birthday has come and gone and barely a word from her, outside of a very intense yet respectful conversation on my birthday about the communication problems between us. Lots of passion and well meaning by each to do the right thing, yet we keep surprising each other where we once could anticipate each other's moves and point of view. Both of us are still licking our wounds from that conversation, but it was a bit of a breakthrough on both sides to reach a new understanding. So, any normal banter or joking is kinda out of the question now. Pins and needles and tension whilst walking on all the broken glass... It's kind of amazing we both are still risking being further cut trying to meet in the middle of that mess. It will be okay, even better than okay, in the long run, but for now, sigh! :(

Anonymous said...

my brothers and I did the salt in the sugar dish and sugar in the salt dish one year on April Fool's and for some reason my dad didn't get it. Three wasted cups of coffee later......
We laughed about that for years...

The spousal unit is one more for words and jokes than practical joking and I am so not good at that so not something we do around here. I love to hear the stories though!

T