12.29.2008

On the Fourth Day of Christmas.


Today is the 4th day of Christmas. There are no calling birds being delivered here. {right, honey???} I have had plenty of time to enjoy the gifts I received this year.

My absolute favorite gift was having all my children spend the entire Christmas day with me. It was quite a surprise. I treasure days like that.



My second favorite gift is my black diamond/white diamond earrings which match my black diamond/white diamond ring. {both were given to me by my honey. Thank you honey. I love them!}



My third favorite gift is a LOLCats book from the kid, which has given us all quite a few giggles and awwws.



My fourth favorite gift is the Donald Duck Sketchbook puzzle from the marrieds. I totally didn't know I wanted this gift but I am so looking forward to building it, preserving it and hanging it in my room.



I had a very Merry Christmas and received many great gifts. I guess I was on the Nice list after all. {go figure}


QOTD:
On this fourth day of Christmas are you expecting a delivery of four calling birds? Will you share with us your favorite gifts of this year?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This fourth day brought me a safe and swift journey back home to Iowa on a beautiful day (with no snow shoveling to manage thanks significantly to my trusty neighbour).

The best gift was to myself - taking time off (even though my boss had to clobber me a few times for logging in - LOL) and seeing my boy and my family. He plays Beethoven on the fiddle now!

And one subtle but important healing item was I given on this trip: about half of the miles I used were miles I saved up at one time in hopes I'd visit someone special (who lived in Kansas City when I had an LDR from New York) that could not (was emotionally and mentally unable to) wait for me - I lost her for the boy's sake (he needed me more... if she could only have been stronger...) and as hurtful as that was for me (and often still is), I'd do it again and again- it's only fitting and ironic that I would use the miles for Ian the way I originally intended for her... but it is finished and the boy is happy - enough said. sigh :-(

Anonymous said...

Fourth day of Christmas brought me a challenge at work which was a nice change.

And Blondie, the earrings. I know you have problems with bling. Do you need any help getting them on!

Anonymous said...

geez I have to think? how can that be good hopped up on cold meds?

I received more than enough gifts, all of them thoughtful and spot on. This showed that people thought of me and not just getting a gift for the sake of getting a gift.

I was also included in the hearts of many - my funny little honey and her family wanting me to be with them, my family of origin in WI calling during the family gathering so I could be part of it, my good friends in AK who made room for me in their home (and even made a stocking for me in case I spent the night). Spending time with my daughter and talking to my son on the phone.

My favorite gift was from my funny little honey. A book with a very special inscription from her.

I love it honey. *kisses*

~R

Anonymous said...

Fourth day found me laid flat in my bed... not able to play my GUitar Hero on DS. sigh... The younger daughter is moving into the expert field and I have yet to conquer one song on the easy side... sigh...
Something about hand eye coordination. They also say if you play real instruments these pseudo instruments are actually harder to master... that's my story and I am sticking to it.

Now must go find more Canada Dry....

T

Anonymous said...

Oh I totally agree with you T! We occasionally play Rock Band on geek night. I definitely think playing bass on the game is harder than playing bass in the "real world".

I can't explain it because you have to have timing and a sense of rhythm to play music with others. Maybe it is because there are not multiple strings and the movements of the fingers are more closely related to air guitar than a real guitar.

~R