12.31.2008

Anyway, it's about old friends.


Harry:
What does this song mean? For my whole life I don't know what this song means. I mean, "Should old acquaintance be forgot". Does that mean we should forget old acquaintances, or does it mean if we happen to forget them we should remember them, which is not possible because we already forgot them?

Sally:
Well, maybe it just means that we should remember that we forgot them or something. Anyway, it's about old friends.



********** ********** ********** **********

An optimist stays up until midnight
to see the new year in.
A pessimist stays up
to make sure the old year leaves.


QOTD:
Are you the optimist waiting to see in the new year or the pessimist making sure the damn thing leaves?


Happy New Year!
love and hugs,
~ blondie

4 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

Optimist!!

Happy New Year to you and Rudy...all the very best for a bright, fun filled New Year!

*hugs*

Lily

Anonymous said...

My favorite New Year's Eves in recent years were spent at church with our former pastor, Fr. Kaspar. Since 1 January is a Holy Day in the Roman Catholic church, he had a midnight mass. The old year ended with adoration, giving thanks for the blessings received and at midnight mass started the new year, praying for peace.

Last year, the new pastor wasn't... umm... of the same mind. I think I was in bed before midnight. Hey, it is 5 o'clock somewhere in the world right?

Due to bitter cold (-19F at my place this morning) and suffering from a cold, I doubt I will be out making sure the old leaves or the new comes in.

In general, I would put myself in the optimistic/hopeful category.

~R

Anonymous said...

hmmm this year - a little of both I think.
Will be watching the last edition of the Royal Canadian Air Farce, rented House Bunny Get Smart and the Bank Job... will see what I get through...
along with yet more chicken soup!

Happy new year! HUGS
T

Anonymous said...

2008 was a year of transformation for me in may ways. I expect 2009 will be doubly so. If I have anything to say about it, change will be positive.

Happy New Year :-)