3.20.2011

Day 9

Today we spent the day relaxing and very low key. I woke up with next to no voice and feeling blah. After packing up we went to see Gnomeo and Juliet. I figured I could either feel poorly in the hotel room or go see a show and be distracted for a while. I chose the latter. It was a very cute movie with a lot of fantastic Elton John music. Loved it!

When the movie was over we went for a walk and ended up at a local Microbrewery where we tried some of the local brew. I had a Fire Chief Ale and Rudy had a Red Rocks Red. Both quite good. After our beers we went to Panera Bread to have soup for dinner. Since I haven't felt well today I had and enjoyed a bowl of Chicken Noodle and Rudy had a bowl of Cream of Chicken with Wild Rice. I had a taste of his soup and it was also very good. After dinner we discussed hitting up Stone Cold Creamery to use the gift card he has been carrying around in his wallet for years now but when we drove by we could see that it was quite busy so we decided to let his card continue to rest in his wallet for now. heh!

Back in our room we settled down with our MacBooks and HBO to watch the season finale of Big Love. {don't you judge me ;-)} The ending took me by surprise as I sure did not see that coming.
Our time together is quickly coming to an end and I am very sad but there is a glimmer of hope for a new situation in the future. Tomorrow morning we part ways with Rudy heading for Anchorage by way of Seattle and I am on my way to Palm Springs by way of Phoenix.

I hope you have enjoyed my little vacay diary.
See ya on the flip side.

love,
~ b

1 comment:

MarieA said...

Hi Blondie,
My laptop is not quite on the fritz but it sure ain't optimal. I am thinking OS hang ups as the hang time every time I open that thing is baaaaaaaaad so I've missed the adventures of Blondie and Rudy muchly.
Will get back and read the whole tale as I can.
From what I've scanned, short of oxygen deprivation and a slight bug or something - a good time was had by all!

more later and my blog too... which I will probably have you update for me.