3.16.2011

Day 4

The one where Blondie does laundry and has a playdate with Patty.


Poor Rudy spewed coffee on his Video Monkey shirt before leaving for his class so I schlepped all the laundry I could find {just in our room, not the whole big place} down to the laundry room. After putting my 75 cents into the machine for my little box of detergent I was sadly not rewarded with that little ka-clunk sound as it hit bottom nor could I even see the dang thing. Colour me not amused. However, I spotted a bottle of detergent upside down in the bin and picked it up. I could tell just from the weight that it had detergent in the lid. Score! Laundry started and a timer set on my iPhone {is there anything that thing can't do?} I headed back to our room to chill. Cut to my third trip {I left out the trip to switch laundry to the dryer because it was super boring except for the maintenance man doing work in the laundry room.} to check on the drying status and upon entering the room discovered a squished box of detergent on top of the machines. Well now we know why I was not rewarded. It was squished and just couldn't make the trip down the chute. {can you believe I just typed shoot instead of chute, WTF, blonde? I must need more coffee} I left the squished but very usable box on top of the washers for the next guy. I figured a little Karma can't hurt. Like ever.

As I was finishing up the laundry I get a call from my Patty Girl. She was currently taking an unexpected tour of the area having been unable to locate my exact location. I quickly booted up the iPad {is there anything THAT thing can't do? Well besides make phone calls but that would be awkward. heh!} Once on googlemaps we were able to locate her position and I beamed her in. Scary thought leaving it up to the directionally challenged blonde but I did what I had to do. :-)

Patty and I settled into my room for some nice, long, much needed girl chat. I love that girl. She is the sweetest and treats me better than my own siblings do. After hours of chatting we decided to venture over to Panera Breads for some soup for lunch. We decided on the Broccoli Cheese in a bread bowl. Oh my goodness it was so very delicious. I had a Chai Tea Latte and she had a Mango Smoothie as well.

After lunch we headed back to the hotel for some more chat and laughter. If you ever get the chance to curl up and chat with her I guarantee you will have a great time. She is a wonderful woman and a fantastic friend. I love her!

Rudy and his co-workers went to see Battle:Los Angeles after class. They enjoyed it very much.

After he got back he and I headed over to Romano's Macaroni Grill for dinner where he had the Roasted Chicken Cannelloni and I had the Fettuccine Alfredo with chicken. I also had a glass of Mirassou California Pinot Noir which was so smooth and absolutely wonderful. I will be searching it out to drink at home.

Dinner done we decided to hit the bookstore for a browse. Now is it just us or should a bookstore be treated with the same reverence as a library? There was a group of young women sitting in the bookstore rather than in the connected coffeehouse making enough noise to be heard all the way in the back of the store. I know - I was back there and thought OMG who is being loud??? Rudy wants to know if he is getting old and cranky. I tell him he is but I do so with a grin and a giggle. If he is getting old what does that make me since I am older in age, eh?

Tomorrow will be here soon. No definite plans but I am getting a bit cleaning crazy and the maid may be surprised to find that I have beat her to the punch when she gets to our room in the morning. tee hee!

See ya tomorrow. Or whenever I pity you if you are not following along daily. There is a lot here already and you will feel obligated to play catch-up. tee hee!

~ b

p.s. ctrl-v {or any other combination of ctrl- does nothing for a macbook person. } Just a little PSA.

No comments: