3.12.2011

Day 1


Denver or Bust.

Thankfully we didn't bust but it has been one very long day. We are currently sitting in our room at the SpringHill Suites surfing the cable channels. Typically on Saturday MSNBC has their stupid ass Lock Down show on. WTF, MSNBC? No One wants to watch that shit all weekend long.

Hitting Palm Springs about 2 hours before our flight seemed like a good idea until we saw the endless line of people waiting to get through security. Setting a timer as we hit the beginning of the queued line it took us 37 minutes to get through and get Starbucks. I forgot to turn the timer off once we were technically through. Don't judge me - I needed coffee.

Rudy and I didn't get frisked going through security but Rudy's bag was troublesome. The security guy was very interested in his little dealie of CDs. Seriously, dude? CD's? Where did you get your training? Oh. And there was something troublesome in my purse. They sent it back through the scan. I guess they wanted a second look at the bowling ball with a candle in it that I was carrying on the plane. ;-)


*note to the guy in front of us in line: you do not need to take your netbook and your important papers out when you are miles away from the actual check in. And for heaven's sake put your backpack on properly. And by properly I mean put it over both arms and let it just chill out on your back. Perhaps I should have schooled you but I don't think your wife would have liked it. But then again - you wouldn't have dropped your ticket. Or your ID. Or your netbook. I almost felt as though you were just not smart enough to fly. I don't think your wife thought so either. You may have gotten the last laugh though when she discovered that her carry on wouldn't fit in the upper bin on the tiny plane. And then, after schlepping it all the way to the front of the plane she also discovered she had missed the checking the bag window and was going to have to put it under the seat. I don't know for certain but I bet she actually put it under yours.


I have determined that the little tiny plane and I just do not get along. I get seriously nauseous during take off and landing. The extreme movements of the plane as it is leveling out sends my equilibrium into sad dance thus causing me to feel really craptastic. Interestingly enough I discovered that as soon as the plane touches down I am feeling about 90% better almost immediately. I knew that little tiny plane was bad. Now I know exactly why.

Denver is not good to luggage. I have a brand new bag. It isn't pink but it is really nice and now it has a corner that looks very beat up. Stupid Denver Baggage Process!

Note to Nice Customer Service Woman at the car rental. If you talk too much you will forget to add charges onto our bill. Thanks so much for the $13 per day discount. :-)

Little kids who are about 3 years old using iPads on airplanes are seriously cute. LOVE it!

We currently have a piece of cherry and a piece of lemon supreme pie in our fridge here in our room. We brought them back from dinner. I may be too tired to eat mine.

Rudy is way more fun to travel with than CS was. He is also seriously nice to bring me along. {love you, darlin}

Tomorrow - Patty Day! Not St. Patty's Day but meeting up with my Patty girl and introducing her to Rudy. YaY!


1 comment:

MarieA said...

small planes and gravol. You will sleep all the way and then some. Okay... a little groggy but what the hey...

Looking forward to reading your adventures.

I've been um... preoccupiod this past weekend. Hope to catch up this week.

Have fun!