3.14.2011

Day 3

Blondie Gets Used to Vacay.

I am not accustomed to having nothing to do. No house to clean, no cats to feed or care for, no meals to prepare. Odd. That being said, it is refreshing and I soon found that I could relax and not worry about anything.

Once Rudy went to his class I settled in to read the paper, watch the news and just generally slack off.

Plans with Patty were changed because she needed to work on getting her son's car to the mechanic to see what needed to be done to get it in working order. The news isn't good and her idiot X is even worse. What kind of father refuses to help his own son? Disgusting.

I got out of the hotel around lunch time and took a walk to my Mecca. You know - Starbucks. I can see it from my hotel window. tee hee! It was a nice walk. About .36 miles. Took me 10 minutes but I would have to say at least two of those minutes were taken up waiting for the dang light to cross.

On my way {and way back} I was surprised by a few little rodents. Bigger than my gophers and quite cute with an odd chatter. Prairie Dogs. They let me pass without a fuss. When I got close to them and they didn't run I was worried that they might take me out. But they didn't. Thankfully. LOL!

Starbucks was as it should be. I got an egg salad sandwich with the most delightful wheat bread. The bread alone was worth the trip. My coffee of choice was a Cocoa Cappuccino which I would not buy again. It just wasn't that great. And my dessert was one of their new little treats. A teeny lemon square. I could have eaten about 6 of them they were so yummy. If you like lemon and you are near Starbucks, give one a try. You might find that they are like a little bit of heaven for your taste buds.

For dinner Rudy and I headed to The BoneFish Grill for a nice filet mignon dinner. I would totally go there again. Service was fantastic. Ambiance was lovely. The steak melted in my mouth. And for dessert we shared a chocolate Crème brûlée.

I will leave the remainder of our evening to your imagination. ;-)

Tomorrow - Girls Day with Patty for sure!

~ b

No comments: