3.13.2011

Day 2.

Pain Precedes Patty Powwow Plus Party Prattle.

Meeting up with Patty was nothing short of laughter and fun. I love this girl. She is the sister I have always wanted. We picked up as if we had just seen each other yesterday. Her son has grown into a wonderful young man and is a delight to know.

Our morning began with me gasping in pain as my back began to seize up and spasm. This poor blonde sleeps on a waterbed and has done so since she was about 18 years old. Hotel beds just don't measure up. Rudy suggested that I was more like The Princess and the Pea. I would have to agree. LOL! After a handful of advil and a smaller handful of tylenol when the anvil didn't work plus a nice hot shower I was eventually comfortable. And hoping that there will not be a repeat tomorrow morning.

Soon after waking we headed down stairs to what we had assumed would be a quick and easy trip to the lobby for breakfast which quickly turned into a painful experience complete with a crazy woman talking on the phone quite loudly and discussing topics that should be kept for a more personal time such as green snot. Do I really need to hear about green snot while I am trying to eat my breakfast? I think not. I hope she will not be there tomorrow morning. I may not be responsible for what I will say to her if she is there talking loudly about things I just don't want to hear about. It was also seriously crowded with many young families and a severe lack of table space. It was nice when it did finally empty out and quiet down. I fear we are turning into a crabby older couple. That being said - we don't really care. tee hee!


After breakfast we returned to our room for showers and to unpack the suitcase left haphazardly on the side of the room when we checked in last night. Once that was accomplished we made a quick stop at the store and Starbucks and headed down the freeway straight for Patty's house.

The GPS, which we fondly call St. Brendan, had us zipping along without a hitch until it dumped us onto a toll road. Oddly enough it took us back to the hotel an entirely different way, avoiding the toll. WTF?

The afternoon was full of love and laughter as we shared time with Patty and her son, Blake. We had the tour of her cute little house and met the kitty, Kippy. What a cute kitty he is. I am so happy that she was able to get her house. It is so perfect for her. After visiting at her house we headed to Red Robin to share a meal. A good time was had. Stories shared. Laughter danced from our table like a child jumping about on a hot sidewalk in summer. I am so happy that my bestie and my honey finally got to meet. I love them both so much and have looked forward to this time. I can't wait to see her again tomorrow.

Once we were back at the hotel we surfed the net and eventually ventured down to the lobby for coffee to bring back to our room. As the elevator doors opened on the lobby floor the aroma of warm cookies began to tickle our noses and we realized that the hotel had set them out just as they had the last time Rudy was here. We indulged in a cookie in the lobby and discussed dinner plans. We were not very hungry but decided at least something more substantial than the pieces of pie we brought home last night was in order. We decided to go to a sports bar for nachos and beer {or in my case, wine}.
Rudy is in town to take classes along with a couple of co-workers from Alaska so he hunted them down {they are in the same hotel} and invited them to join us. One accepted our invitation and we were soon at the bar enjoying a plate of nachos and chatting. It was nice to meet the co-worker that I have heard so much about. Now I have a face to put with the name. A very nice man and nice to spend time with.
I am a lover of the pomegranate martini and after discovering it on the menu decided that was my drink {or two but who's counting and don't you judge me} for tonight. It was a very good martini and I will have no problem going back to this bar for another some day. ;-)

Day 2 has been a fabulous day. Day 3 will find Rudy at his class and Blondie and Patty getting together to see what kind of trouble they can get in to. Tomorrow is also Steak and BJ Day for those that celebrate. ;-)

Stay tuned.
love and hugs,
~ b

1 comment:

MarieA said...

well give Patty a hug from me. She is your bestey but my birthday twin... even if she is a younger version.
Sounds like things are off to a good start. GPS always do have a mind of their own. My boss took his on a business trip with us. His GPS is French - a woman and her nick name is "Germaine" said with proper French intonations of course. She took us a couple of strange ways too, but we got to where we need to as well.

Looking forward to more.