10.10.2009

You’re Gonna Love My Nuts.*


It is so early to be up on a Saturday. Not only up but dressed, make-up’d and having ventured into the outside world and back already. Yes. I am one of *those* people. You know the ones. They get up early and are moving fluidly as soon as their feet touch the floor. The Morning Person. That would be me.

I just spent the last two days without hot water and waiting for the plumber to fix the ailing hot water heater. Because I was waiting for the guy and the fix I did not get my errands run as I normally do. The good news is that it is somehow still under warranty so the part cost me nothing more than overnight shipping. We won’t get into the service calls charge. I am trying to just be happy that they only charged me for two when the guy was actually here three times.

Ok. So what does all that have to do with nuts? Pretty much nothing other than I treated my morning person self to a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice latté and a Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin after I left the grocery. As you look at the picture of the pumpkiny cream cheesy goodness you may notice the little dark spots. Those are nuts. I noticed them too.


I popped the muffin into the micro after I had the groceries put away and settled down on the sofa to enjoy my latté and muffin. Which I totally did. Until I took a bite that had a nut in it. And quickly ejected said nut. That nut was not a walnut, which is what I had assumed it was. Upon closer examination I discovered that the nut was not a nut at all but rather a seed. A pumpkin seed. I don’t like pumpkin seeds. At all. Using my fork I removed the remainder of the seeds and continued to enjoy my pumpkin muffin. It was quite good once the offending seeds had been removed.

I probably won’t buy the Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin again. I just don’t want to work before I can enjoy my muffin. Especially when it seems that Starbucks has raised its prices. Because I never spend over $5 when I go for coffee and a pastry and today I did. {Unless I am in Alaska, of course.} That is just adding insult to injury.

You're gonna love my nuts seeds? Yeah. Not so much.


* The phrase "You're Gonna Love My Nuts" is what the guy selling the Slapchop says quite loudly on his infomercial. My daughter loves the Slapchop infomercial and will make us watch it until someone removes the clicker from her hand. Any time there is a discussion about nuts in our house that same phrase is repeated in the Slapchop guy's style.

8 comments:

Rudy said...

I am not sure how I would feel about seeds in my muffin. I do like roasted pumpkin seeds though. a neighbor introduced us to them so for several years after carving pumpkins the seeds were saved and mom would season them and bake them. I am almost certain that she didn't really appreciate the extra work because I know that we kids probably didn't clean them enough so she had to further clean them, soak them, season them.... yeah seems like a lot of work for a couple handfuls of seeds.

I wondered when you had run your errands. I was sleeping in at the time. I am not a morning person. I get my second wind at night and can easily stay up until the wee hours of the morning after working all day.

I just saw the slap chop in Freddy's the other day. "look, I'm doing it with one finger"

Rudy said...

I am nuts about you too honey (referencing side picture)

oh and

you're gonna love my nuts :-)

Anonymous said...

so here's the interesting thing - and I do realize I am more than a day late on this but I've been away.... no routine when you're away.
I think that Tim Horton's and Starbucks must be in collusion on these pumpkin spice muffins. Today - I got a pumpkin spice muffin along with my large decaff hazelnut shot double coffee at Tim Hortons. I didn't eat the muffin til I got to work - as I was catching up on the blogs and guess what?!?!? SAME PROBLEM!!!!! If I could have taken a picture and sent it to you I would have. It looked like the exact same muffin. Pumpkin seeds, cream cheese blog and all. I too was not impressed. I just don't like nust or seeds in my muffins. At least mine only came to $2.75 CDD. While the muffin did taste good - the seeds were not enjoyable.

To that I can relate. To being a morning person - I cannot. My daughter was late to school today because of me. She was not impressed. I say she dragged on because she didn't see me rushing, but I wasn't rushing because she wasn't. You see? Vicious cycle. Regardless it's just not reasonable to expect someone to be conscious and doing anything at 7 AM. seriously.

TOmorrow - back to my normal cran-blueberry bran.

t
HA word ver AKERN! NUTS to THAT!

Lily on the Road said...

Since I don't splurge on Tim's nor starbucks...hmmmm, don't know, but I do know I love pumpkin seeds...

Rudy, what can I say... LMAO!


word ver ! Balizer....ballsey I'd say.

Anonymous said...

T! HA! Too bad you didn't see my Pumpkin Cream Cheesy review prior to your visit to Tim Hortons.

Apparently we can give the pumpkin seeds to Lily though. Hi Lily, doll. and yes, Rudy is incorrigible. I was gonna call him ballsey but that would just just get him started again. tee hee!

~ b

Anonymous said...

Rudy said: "I just saw the slap chop in Freddy's the other day. "look, I'm doing it with one finger""

That's what SHE said. tee hee!

love ya, darlin.
*muah*
~ b

Anonymous said...

ok... so I just watched the Slap CHop guy on Youtube... I have one of those choppers except mine is a Pampered Chef version... a little classier.
Now I get the rest of your little inside jokes here...

I shake my head.
me again - ter

Anonymous said...

LOL, T. I am glad we are on the same page now. I honestly can't recall if mine is a Pampered Chef one or if it is Zyliss. I went looking for it a while ago and dammit if it doesn't seem to be in the house. I guess I don't have all the kitchen gadgets unpacked afterall. grrr!

~ b