10.19.2009

Monday Mop-up.

  • Rudy's Vikings won and are now 6-0. They are one of four teams in the NFL that are currently undefeated. This could change tonight if Denver loses to the Chargers. Oh. Sorry, honey. When Denver loses to the Chargers. The Chargers are Rudy's other team.
  • The city I live in had a community clean up and recycling event on Saturday. The city sets out giant bins and people with junk can bring it and deposit in said bins. The event lasts until the bins are full. The kid and I got up at o' dark-thirty and loaded up the old 32 inch TV and 4 old closet doors and headed out. We were surprised to see that the line of cars went around, down and around. Even though the line was long we deposited our junk in a decent amount of time. While waiting I noticed that they also had a document shredding station. WooT! I haven't shredded in a very long time. The kid brought me back home and I collected up the shredding piles and headed back. Now I no longer have junk in my backyard and garage and my shredding is gone! Score!
  • I won my fantasy football match-up and my dismal record is 2-4. At least I got a win.
  • I just spoke with a police sargent who knocked on my door. Someone using the neighbors name and my address attempted some fraud at a local bank. That is interesting. Or odd. Or both. Said sargent asked if I was married. I said no. He asked if I had a boyfriend and I responded that I do have a fiance. {that's you, Rudy. ;-)} He then asked for Rudy's name. I told him and he responded quickly "nope, that's not the guy". umm. gee. Ya think? Kinda funny since he obviously has the guy in custody back at the big house. {Good to know you are not trying to commit fraud, darlin. Just Kidding, honey! *smooch*}
  • I am drinking the last of the coffee in the coffee pot left over from yesterday morning. It is still pretty good. I think it would be a crime to waste it. {ha. Crime. Good thing I didn't waste it, eh? Since the copper was at my door this morning. tee hee!}
  • The marrieds were here yesterday. Well, they showed up late Saturday afternoon and spent the night. I had invited them for bbq on Saturday and then never heard from them until way late Friday night. I just figured they were not coming. Silly me. We had a nice evening Saturday. Ran a couple errands and then dinner at our Favorite Mexican Restaurant.
  • Mr. Married installed my new lappy keyboard. Can you tell? I am typing hella fast now that I don't have to go back and hit the *N*, *T* or space bar numerous times. YaY! {TY darlin for sending me the new keys.lappy is fixed and nowhere near the cost of a new one.}
  • A few weekends ago the girl and I sewed a very cute strapless dress. She had/has two weddings to attend in October and this dress fit the bill. Except for the strapless part. She discovered at the first wedding two weekends ago that the top was too loose. We added a strap to it this weekend and now it is perfect. She can dance at the wedding this next weekend and not worry about it falling down. LOL!
  • I woke up @ 0300 this morning and discovered that the kid was still up. WTF? Then he went to bed and I couldn't go back to sleep. I am not fond of insomnia. And there is nothing on TV @ 0300. Just so you know.
  • Big Bang Theory is on tonight @ 2130. I love that show!
  • I need more coffee.

5 comments:

Rudy said...

I hope the bolts win tonight. Who would have thought that a team that did as poorly as the broncos last season would be undefeated today?

The vikings ended up with a win but it was due to an errant last second field goal. They had the Ravens beat then gave up the game after that. Still, one in the win column. Unlike my fantasy team which tanked this weekend.

Nope, I am not committing fraud. That makes it pretty hard to keep a security clearance LOL

I have coffee left over from yesterday too. Karoline didn't drink any when she came over yesterday cuz it was too late in the afternoon. evidently she has trouble with caffeine so she is watching how she consumes it. It is late for me to have some now as well but it is a wonderful chocolate coffee. mmm

Yay! Lappy is fixed!

I am going to miss BBT tonight to go watch the football game with a neighbor who is a broncos fan. I really dislike her live in bf, he is not of good character but I have dismissed a number of invites lately so, this is one I should do to be civil and neighborly.

Anonymous said...

NO foot ball stories sorry. The Stampeders are still in, Saskatchewan is a possiblity, my BOmbers... not doing well, and Montreal will probably win again.

I am drinking percolated coffee again.. talk about a HOT cup of coffee. the downside... I have to be around when it starts perking since I am making it on the stove. I don't even have an electric perk. I LOVE it... very very hot and flavbourful,. BUT no so good re heated. I pitch left over coffee.

Do you sew curtains?
That happens to me when I find the girls still up late. I chase them to bed, they fall asleep and I am still wide awake. roll eyes...

I need a mouse before I need keys for my lappy. These people scoring in the 100s on Bejewelled are making me nuts.


T

Rudy said...

dang, bolts lost last night, I missed Big Bang Theory and had to spend the evening with people who wouldn't have been my first choice to do so in the guise of being a polite neighbor. It wasn't horrible mind you, but it also wasn't something I was looking forward to either.

did I mention the bolts lost? where the hell did these broncos come from? looking at the last 3 years who would have guessed a season like this for them?

T, you are playing bejeweled with a touchpad? I am impressed.

blondie16 said...

Rudy,

You did indeed miss BBT. Wil Wheaton was on. Sheldon abhors Wil Wheaton. It was a good episode. I missed watching it with you.

Daddy will be happy that his Broncos won. And there are still 4 undefeated teams in the NFL this morning.

Sorry about your Chargers, darlin.

*muah*
~ b

blondie16 said...

T,
What is up with your mouse? If you had a working one I am sure you would be kicking my ass on Bejeweled Blitz.

Yes, I have sewn curtains before. I probably will again some day.

Sorry about the football stories. Oh. No I am not. tee hee! I am ALL about the football right now.

*hugs*
~ b