10.26.2009

Monday Mop-Up.

  • Rudy's Vikings lost their first game of the season yesterday. Sad day for the Vikings. I blame Burt Faver. I am sure Rudy does also. At least his Chargers won their game. His Badgers had a BYE so they did not play this weekend.
  • I am finally without head and neck pain. I could not figure out if my neck pain was giving me a headache or my headache was giving me neck pain. Either way it sucked. For 2 days, it sucked. I am sick of chronic pain.
  • It is 59 days until Christmas. 31 days until Thanksgiving. 5 days until Halloween. Just thought you should know.
  • Barring some miraculous playing by the Eagles defense I am going to win my match-up against the #1 player in our Fantasy Football league tonight. His claim to fame will be that he has lost only twice. Beaten once by a kid and once by a girl. Bwahahahaha!
  • Do you ever go back to the previous postings? I make it a habit to comment once it appears that everyone has left their mark. Check back. I may have said something back to you.
  • Big Bang Theory is a repeat tonight. As is every other CBS prime-time show. What is up with THAT, CBS??
  • I have been secretly added into Rudy's family Christmas present name drawing. There is one sister who will not find this amusing. The drawing was rigged and I have that sister's name. I will send her a very sweet gift and she will have no reason to bitch that I should not have been in the drawing because I am not a part of the family. tee hee!
  • Cowboys won this weekend. It was a fun game to watch. Sun Devils did not. Not even close. :-(
  • Rudy's son is home this week from Korea where he is stationed.I think they had some good father/son bonding time this weekend.
  • I am sure you noticed the empty plate for the Meal on Friday. Rudy turned it into a smorgasbord. If you ever see the empty plate again that is your cue to put something on the table.
  • I downloaded and installed a newer version of Trillian this weekend along with Patty. The jury is still out on this Trillian Astra. We are not sure we really like it that much. It is growing on me a bit though.
  • It is Monday. The root of all evil. Tell me something good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you're on the Family Christmas list all stealth like. LOL Some future s-i-l is gonna have to eat her words, or her present.
Badger viking devil talk. oh really? How very interesting is my only response.

Sens lost at the 59 minute mark in OT against the Bruins. That should not have happened. They're kind of 50 50 right now, behind in the Eastern division.

Halloween... need the costume to scare the kiddies, Thanksgiving - done here Christmas... oy... don't want to go there yet.
Did you miss something? hmmm how many days until someone's Birthday?

I do read the old posts sometimes... particularly if I am feeling the need to edit or revise for some reason or to check back on something.

What's Trillian? Don't know Hulu either. I did stay up too late last night and watched the U2 concert on You Tube.. check my blog for that update.

Oh so sorry to hear that the pain is chronic pain. Let's find you some woo hoo healer somewhere.

Happy Monday - is it Friday yet? I might have the eye disease this week and not be able to see myself going in one day. I am wiped tired.

t

Rudy said...

Yay! the Badgers didn't lose! After charging out 5-0 they had a two game losing skid. This break came at a good time.

Vikings suffered from a very bad call which took a TD off the board and consequently led to a fumble returned for a TD. You know it is a bad call when the announcers replay it several times and then the "after game" shows point it out as well. sigh

Glad you had a break from the pain.

I know how many days it is until someone's b-day ;-)

I haven't checked on my FF team this morning but when last looked at, I had a substantial deficit to overcome. I believe the nephew got the win.

yep, I go back to old posts all the time.

it may be a repeat but it might be new to me. Anyway, it is BBT - always worth watching in the same way that someone always watches Friends :-)

Not sure how much of a secret it is when 4/5 of the siblings are in on it (and spouses as well) but it will definitely be interesting :-) Let's just say that blondie isn't the only one having fun with this.

The son and I did have a good time this weekend with some heart to heart talks about his future. We have also been visiting his favorite restaurants. It has been over two years since he was home (I think). He dreams of these restaurants and he takes pictures of his food (just like someone else I know and love :-) and has been sharing things he has discovered over in Korea.

I would truly love for he and blondie to meet face to face. I am certain they would get along splendidly. I am certain that he would get along great with her son as well. He is very good at making people laugh :-) and he is extremely likable.

just got an email in the company system. A lady in our engineering department is on oxygen in an isolation ward at a local hospital because of H1N1 flu. It isn't enough that we have a severe case of sick building syndrome in this dump, now this is circulating as well. Sometimes being a hermit is good....

Lily on the Road said...

Gah, are you buying future SIL stuff from the candied bug store???

Hope you're felling better soon...

xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Glad your neck feels better. Let's hope that is a trend...

Anonymous said...

LMAO @ Lily. I do not think I will be buying her gift from the bug candy store. Now if I ever get the youngest brother......tee hee.

Thanks for the feel better wishes and thoughts. A trend....not so much as by the time y'all were responding the neck/headache were back in force. Not too much pain this morning but based on this past week it probably won't last. *rolling eyes* I will try not to whine too much.

T,
Trillian is a program that groups all the chat clients into one. You can manage them all from there. Hulu is a free online video service. The marrieds use it all the time to watch shows because they don't have cable. I didn't miss anything.
Birthday? Boycott? tee hee

Rudy,
I did not know that all the other siblings and their spouses knew about this. I hope that there will be no loose lips sinking any ships on this.
I am glad that you are having a good time with R.
Birthdays. Yeah. I am gonna be 50 for those who might be wondering.


And my Fantasy Football team won! WooT!

love and hugs,
~ b