10.08.2009

Thursday Thirteen: Randomosity Edition.

  1. Thermocouple's are important. {Well, if you want hot water,anyways.}
  2. Birds are noisiest just before dawn.{except for the youngest scrub jay. He is noisy ALL the time.}
  3. I need more coffee. { I know, I know. Shocker.}
  4. 7 AM is too early for an appointment. If the person even shows @ 7, which btw @ 7:22 not so much. The window is 7-9. I suppose he will show @ 9. *sigh*
  5. Walking directions to Rudy's house according to maps.google: 3,364 mi – about 41 days 6 hours. {Someday my house will his house which will be our house and I won't have to map it. :-)}
  6. A pan of baked Ziti doesn't last long in this house. Is it good breakfast food??
  7. Cold showers are COLD. {refer to #1.}
  8. Limes. I have limes. On my tree. I need lime recipes. Or more Tequila. {Tequila doesn't exactly make my clothes fall off.;-) Sidebar song reference.}
  9. Fantasy Football this weekend is my team vs Rudy's. I hear that someone {besides me} told him to throw the game. { I think it will be a close game and his team will probably win out without special help.}
  10. KO's {Keith Olberman} hour long Special Comment on Health Care yesterday was amazing. If you didn't see it, you should.
  11. Delicious mischief is afoot involving my participation in Rudy's family holiday festivities. tee hee! {I like his sister. She is orchestrating my infiltration.}
  12. I need to play geeky girl and get my new keyboard installed on my lappy.I could list the keys that don't work properly but it might take less time to list the ones that DO. *rolling eyes*
  13. How does one know when a pomegranate is ripe and ready to pick? I need info, people. I have a tree FULL of pom's. {Once I know I can have all kinds of pomegranaty goodness. Plus I read that they will keep for up to 3 months in the fridge!}

4 comments:

Rudy said...

Walking directions to my house? my, you are more ambitious than I am. Give me a jet or a car at least.

mmm baked ziti for breakfast, I could do that. Cold even!

tequila might not make your clothes FALL off but.... :-O heh ;-)

I am not throwing the game. If I beat you it will be fair and square.

you can get KO's show on iTunes under podcasts.

See?! I told you that you and the older sister would get along splendidly. And your both blondes with football habits.

you would enjoy your chats more with that new keyboard installed. Seriously. However, I have gotten used to reading the many characters that don't show up LOL

Let me know on the poms. I have no idea.

Anonymous said...

Midwest Thirteen:
1) New doctor seems cool - plus he's in plan and conveniently close (about 2 miles or so)
2) Got hijacked to a Bible study class last night - yes, Anna wants me to go and she's been pestering me and picked me up on her way there spur of the moment - it's SO not for me - WOW!
3) No boss today and somehow I was productive... hmmmmm...
4) My seasonal cough which I have had other doctors look at seems to be a case of bronchitis that has been dormant in me for YEARS! And I thought it was from smoking too many cartons of Camels throughout high school and college... hmmmmm....
5) A guy who has been critical of me for months sent me a very nice and positive email thanking me for the meeting I ran today - I sent this off to my boss to advertise - she will be getting inundated with these kind of emails if I have my way...time she backed off and looked at me with fresh eyes...
6) iPhone 3.12 OS Update...
7) Selling my 3 year old PPC Mac Mini to recoup some money - I don't need it anyways...new Intel Mac with Snow Leopard screams ;-)
8) Lunch today with Bob - he's a good guy - will be on staff for his organized "halloween" run in a couple of weekends to help direct traffic and distribute water bottles to lots of cute sweaty girls ;-)
9) Ian's doctor finally sent the invoice so I can shove a $2400 bill at my medical insurance - and yes, we have hit the deductable already! (I expect to recover about half to split with my ex...)
10) Need to plan out a time to have buddies come over to help me hang the ceiling drywall - the rest I can handle myself...
11) Need to plan my airfare for Dallas trip in early Nov. - 3 day class. Gonna hang at the bar with La Shawn and maybe Herman and Beth too while there!
12) Three paychecks in Oct. - will be XMas shopping at the end of the month and hopefully fixing a NY trip for end of year!
13) My friend Lorie has me on her calendar to check in with me to check my weight (goal is to lose 10 lbs.) and blood pressure (which it 10 points higher - prolly due to stress vs. the boss)...

Anonymous said...

Librarian to the rescue... from the California Rare Fruit Growers web site...
Pomegranate...
Harvest: The fruits are ripe when they have developed a distinctive color and make a metallic sound when tapped. The fruits must be picked before over maturity when they tend to crack open, particularly when rained on. The pomegranate is equal to the apple in having a long storage life. It is best maintained at a temperature of 32° to 41° F. and can be kept for a period of 7 months within this temperature range and at 80 to 85% relative humidity without shrinking or spoiling. The fruits improve in storage, becoming juicier and more flavorful.

Save some for me... for PI day eh?

foot ball talk - roll eyes.
clearly the limes and tequila have to go together. Margharita pie... look it up... like key lime... but... better?

Birds ARE noisiest about two hours before the alarm goes off... always...
T

Anonymous said...

Rudy,
I didn't believe that you would throw the game. Sheep-boy says we are making him sick over on the Smack Talk though. heh!

Ziti is gone. We split what was left for dinner last night. Well, except for the pan I froze for another day.

I am afraid I will eff up the keyboard and then will be without a lappy. *sigh*

*muah*

E,
Busy man. Excellent 13. Hopefully now that you know your cough is bronchitis you can get it under control.

T,
Thanks for the pom info. I had not heard about the tapping for a metallic sound before. I shall try it out.

Birds are for the birds. Scrub Jay was seriously loud this morning. I think he is trying to tell me something. Yanno, like, "hey lady...the feeder is empty!!!"


~b