3.16.2009

Days.




75 to be exact. Today is the 75th day of 2009. My year thus far has been okay. Nothing spectacular but I don't have a problem with a quiet life.

Rudy and I continue to enjoy our relationship and look forward to the day when we will be together for good. The ring discussion continues and I will be sure to let him know when I have convinced myself that it doesn't matter what his zip code is when he asks. I honestly never thought I would find a relationship that is so easy and so satisfying. I thank the Lord daily for bringing Rudy into my life and the lives of my children.

I have been sick twice, the kid more times than I can count and two weeks of sick cats is about all I can take. Thankfully we are all just about well at the same time now and with warmer days coming about more often I hope we can stay that way.

The kid and I made our first snowman with snow he brought down from the mountains. He and I had his first real snowball fight as well that afternoon. What fun that kid is.

We have been in awe of the wildlife and plant life we continue to see from our windows and in our yard. We are less than amused by the gophers we seem to have bought with the property but still quite intrigued by them and the quest to remove them. Who knew that moving less than an hour away would give us such wonderful surprises? Certainly not us.

I had words with my sister as she attempted to repossess something that wasn't hers to begin with nor was it part of my Momma's estate. I made sure she understood that I am not mad {as she believes I am} but rather I am just not returning something that was given to me by Momma over 12 years ago. I am just not. She will come around eventually. She always does. Until then I am not losing any sleep over it all.

The kid took his NREMT and is now also licensed to be an EMT within our county. He is working on his Ambulance Driver license so he can get out there and do what he is trained to do. He also spends weekends volunteering at his favorite Vollie Fire Station in the desert and enjoys it very much. This past weekend he saw fire. HUGE deal! LOL! Gotta love that kid.

The marrieds are doing well and are looking forward to the son-in-law finishing up and graduating in June. Then they will move about 3 hours my way and will be so much closer for visits. We can't wait and have many plans to spend as much time together as our lives will permit.

Last month Rudy visited and he and I took a weekend trip to Arizona to visit his parents. It was a meet the parents and extended family type people weekend and I had a great time. His parents are very cute together. I have been mother approved. YaY! They showed me some of their favorite places to go while we were there. We visited an Art Studio, a gorgeous Mission and a pizza joint with an amazing organ setup. Too bad the guy playing the organ didn't enjoy his job. That made me sad for him. Our weekend was over all too soon and I hope to be able to spend a few more days together next year than we did this year.

During our trip to AZ Rudy introduced me to The News From Lake Wobegon. I am hooked. It is quite funny and you should check it out. You can get the podcast for free on iTunes.

All things considered I would have to say that thus far 2009 has treated me very well and I feel very blessed. That is all the news that is fit to print {or that I can come up with on half a cup of coffee anyways} from Shenanigan Manor, where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the children are above average. {tee hee}

QOTD:
How has 2009 treated you thus far, 75 days into the year?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first 75 days have brought some improvements over last year.

My daughter seems to be showing a little bit of maturity regarding the divorce of her mother and I. Perhaps, it is finally sinking in that not only has she (daughter) moved on with her life but I have as well and what she has always had but chose not to avail herself may no longer be there. We shall see. Talk, as they say, is cheap. Show, don't tell.

My son, after months of whipsawing by the army, has concrete and definite orders so he can proceed. It was highly stressful, first he was going to be deployed to Afghanistan again, then he was going to a permanent change of station (also overseas but not in a combat zone). Back and forth, forth and back, orders cut, orders canceled. Finally, he and about 3 others from his unit are able to make plans and execute them. Talking with him over the weekend I can tell already a change in the stress level he has been under. He is finally starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. This unit, btw, has recently been in the news for the suspect treatment of the soldiers in the rehab units that were created after the Army was "sanctioned" for poor treatment of soldiers returning from overseas combat. This is bad treatment even under standards that recognize the Army is not the most family friendly outfits.

After 4 years of talk of moving my job function (and funding but not the actual position) to Denver and 6 months into this rating year, my boss finally gave me a concrete job description complete with duties to actually, meaningfully be rated against. Ironically, it is mostly the same job they were trying to take away, yet I had to keep doing it until then so I couldn't be trained or given responsibilities in new areas. Whatev. It is good for now and we can move forward from here.

On top of all this, I got to visit blondie :-) Not long enough ( it never is ) and it didn't go as initially planned as I had hoped to travel with my daughter. We didn't have much in the way of sunshine either LOL. We did have a wonderful St. Valentine's Day. We got a couple more tasks done around the house. And finally, life worked with us instead of against us and, even though there were sick kittehs, we went to meet my parents. It was a short whirlwind of a weekend but very enjoyable. Blondie is indeed mom approved. I know that they want to see blondie again as well.

Last geek night, I learned that my good friends have announced a date for their wedding. In the fall of 2010 Blondie and I will be going to Maine to share in their joy and take in some spectacular new england fall foliage.

~R

Anonymous said...

New England? I might have to rendez vous with y'all down there - It could happen. I'll have to get Lily to find some kind of running event and we'll turn it into a party... before or after your wedding party.

as for the 75
Still in marital purgatory.
Daughter one is doing very well. '
Daughter two is still a growing challenge.
Work is work... managers - they come they go. I look at opportunities and play the interview game.

I know that I too have many good friends and people who watch my back... and blog (-;
Looking forward to the next 75 more so.
t

Anonymous said...

75 days? that means end of 1Q09 is in two weeks... I spent this year trying to smooth things over with my boss after some massive disagreements due to my bucking for a promotions and a shitload of personal stress for each of us in our personal lives. I must say that we have never been closer and more trusting of each other because of these "growing pains". And we are so back on our game professionally now... She is my teacher and I am hers - she's just an awesome person for putting up with me. She's gotten more responsibility just recently and I have gotten a direct report to manage on one of my projects - I have an enterprise-wide project to manage that is highly political in many ways - and I'm meeting the Senior Management slowly and in a controlled way (the new President is from my old division in NY) - my first step back into management, maybe to being an executive if I succeed my boss (it's not out of the question if she goes solely International)...

I refinanced the house - it cleaned up some of my debt and I went down a point so that is a wash in terms of monthly payment - not out of the woods and this will still be a tight year, but I'm not going down without a fight. Next - consolidate and then pay off the Saab... Use the Home Depot gift cards to refinish the upstairs myself (insulation, electrical, new closets, drywall, banister and rugs). This so my boy has a room when he comes here for 2 weeks in August...

People here are starting to accept the New York transplant in Iowa... I can see over the last few weeks especially that people are more comfortable with me. I guess I'm slowing down a little and settling in. I've been told it takes about a year to fit in - sounds about right.

I managed to pay off my ex the additional funds that it is questionable whether I owed her or not - I believe most of it should come directly out of child support, but I ate it, as hard as that was for me financially because it'd cost me more to fight her and for god sakes - it's for him - I'd do anything for him. And in 4 more years, I'll be free form her financial hold and I can support him directly (oh, happy day that will be).

A power surge took my iPod and my external hard drive (don't buy LaCie hard drives - the power supply is proprietary and frail). So I've just upgraded my system and am now restoring my iTunes directory from DVD backup (which is working really well). New system has room for iTunes on my system drive and a Western Digital external drive for backup, along with a UPS. The new Mac Mini is an Intel based processor, so I've got VMWare Fusion which rocks! The new iPod is on the way...

I weigh 160 now - this time last year I was 186.

So much potential this year and I'm pumped it's almost Spring...

Anonymous said...

I weigh 160 now - this time last year I was 186.

Way to go! I think my doctor is not going to be happy with my weight.

I went with parallels - faster

blondie16 said...

I am happy to read that the first 75 days of 2009 have been okay for everyone.

Here's to the next 75 being even better!

love and hugs,
~ b

blondie16 said...

honey, lets leave my care packages out of the discussion when you see your doc in a couple weeks, m'kay?? tee hee.

*muah*
~ b

Anonymous said...

It isn't your care packages per se, you are just a darn fine cook and I have little will power sitting by myself.

when I have to behave myself and share when I visit you I always do well and usually lose weight.

:-)

*muah*
~R

word ver = myringes ;-)

blondie16 said...

rings?

tee hee!

~ b