4.15.2010

Thursday Thirteen.


It's all about I.

  1. I have had a most difficult week which included writing an extremely sensitive and pain-filled email to my siblings.
  2. I did so because my brother and his partner added my X to their personal fb pages.
  3. I told them of the abuse I suffered by my X's hand.
  4. I told them that my X cheated on me repeatedly.
  5. I told them how sad and hurt I am.
  6. I am outraged that my brother ordered my siblings to delete the email without reading it.
  7. I am confused yet not surprised at the obviously powerful hold my brother has over the others.
  8. I am laughing about the fact that my brother is telling me that I must have an adult conversation with him and my siblings. Apparently email discussions are not Adult-like. Go figure. I bet the real business world will be shocked when they are told about this. HA!
  9. I have not spoken to any of my siblings and have no plans to do so. I have not lost anything but rather just confirmed what I already knew. They are horrible people and I am better off without them in my life. Sadly this is a choice that they have made but I will respect their obvious wishes on this. Don't get me wrong, I am sad that they have chosen not to be in my life. I will miss the parts of them that is good. I am just, after all these years, finally strong enough to stand up for myself. It feels good.
  10. I have deleted them from my FB. As has my daughter. The kid refused to friend them in the first place. And technically I only deleted the partner. My brother deleted me from both his personal page and his business page. My X remains on all their pages for those who are wondering.
  11. I am laughing at the bit of Karmic retribution that I saw happened to my brother on Monday. Nothing like a flat tire on a snowy/rainy day to put a kink in trying to run a business that depends on the ability to get from here to there. HA! {Yeah, its petty. Don't you judge me!}
  12. I am relieved that it is all out in the open and I no longer need worry that something may slip.
  13. I am basking in the outpouring of love and support I have received from my children, my Rudy and G.{and all of you as well as I know that you would have been right there with me had I made you aware of what was going on with me} Y'all may never understand just how grateful I am to have then {and y'all} in my life.

6 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

Their loss....

Hold your head high and know that you are the better person.

xoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Lily,

You are such a doll and I am proud to call you my friend. Thank you for your love and support.

love and hugs,
~ b

Lily on the Road said...

*MUAH*

xoxoxoxox

Right back at you!!!

Love and Hugs,
~ L

Rudy said...

I got your back Babes.

I always knew you had it in you.

I always say, family gets more benefit of the doubt or more leeway than the stranger on the street but that is NOT free license to be an ass. "Give me a call when you get over your fine self"

First and foremost, take care of yourself and deal with them from a position of strength and safety. That is what you did and it was the correct thing to do. They may come around, they may not. You don't need to wallow in their poison while they make up their minds.

Anonymous said...

*sigh* Isn't my boyfriend ever so dreamy???

i love you, darlin
*smooch*
~ b

Anonymous said...

It has been my experience that family, through good or bad, through grief or anger or misunderstanding, comes through in the end. It takes time - in my case 30 years or more and far beyond the confines of death... Well, most of my family, anyways... I hope the same is true of you and yours given time... Regardless, I am on your side in this one - consider me and those on this site (if I can say so for them) your family regardless of those who are not able to make it...