1.12.2009

Well That Was Odd.


There I was, sitting on my sofa, chatting and watching football when the doorbell gonged. My door bell doesn't ding dong it gongs. I love it. But I digress. I am startled as is both the kid who is back in his room as well as one of the cats who ran to hide. I think that is the first time anyone has actually rung the doorbell.

I go to the peephole and look out and am quite surprised to see my ex-father-in-law standing on the porch. I open the door and greet him and invite him in. He informs me that he had been working on his computer all morning and had gotten bored and decided to come say hi. {he lives less than a mile away}

We sat in the livingroom and chatted about nothing while watching a bit of football. He stayed close to half an hour before taking his leave.

My daughter had a good laugh when I told her the story. The kid just shook his head wondering aloud what was up with that after his grandfather left.

QOTD:
Did anything odd happen to you this weekend?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good for the kid that he actually gets to see that grandpa more now.

oddness - Friday night - Geek night
I was buying so I was going to pick up papa murphy's pizza (cowboy and chicken garlic).

I got home from work and tended to the pack. After they ate and were running about the back yard I phoned in my order to pick up on my way out of town. They said that it would be an hour (or more). I called Karo and asked if there were any suggestions for a substitute. She suggested the deli made pizza at a local grocery.

I put the pack back in the kennels and headed out. Got to the grocery and there were none to be found. I picked up a couple California Pizza Kitchen pizzas suggested by blondie. Got some beers and headed out.

I was warned that it was cold, none of the cars were starting and that if I got into trouble don't bother calling them. LOL

Oddness - no fresh made pizzas in town on one of the coldest nights of the year. (-29 at the bomb shelter when I got there and it was getting colder)

~R

Anonymous said...

boring weekend for me. No oddities to report that I can even remember. LOL
ho hum dum!
Ter

Anonymous said...

Nothing odd occurred whatsoever... That is what's so ODD!!!!

BTW, b, the chocolate was a HIT :-)

LOL