1.10.2009

Sometimes.


We all get at least one good wish a year. Over the candles on our birthday. Some of us throw in more. On eyelashes, fountains, lucky stars, and every now and then, one of those wishes comes true. So what then? Is it is as good as we'd hoped? Do we bask in the warm glow of our happiness? Or, do we just notice we've got a long list of other wishes waiting to be wished?


We don't wish for the easy stuff. We wish for big things. Things that are ambitious, out of reach. We wish because we need help and we're scared and we know we may be asking too much. We still wish, though, because sometimes they come true.
~ meredith grey

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Statistically, when it comes to wishes coming true, I am, simply stated, FU(%ED.

This brings to mind an old joke...

Man wishes to win the lottery - he prays every night, "God, I am a good man. My wish is to win the lottery. Please see it in your plan to grant my plea..."

The man lives a good long life, a decent house, a family and a good living. An old man, he peacefully dies...

He goes to heaven and stands before God in his confusion and asks, "God, I was a good man and I kept all my promises to you. Why is it that you did not my wish to win the lottery?"

God says, "Well, stupid! you never bought the ticket!"

So I believe it's not enough to wish. You have to work to make your own dreams come true in this life. Even wishes for things out of your control require you to actively take part through hope and perhaps prayer.

Anonymous said...

perfect use of the star photo (which is a great pic btw)

I like the quote as well

I know one of my wishes came true in you honey and I am basking in the warm glow of your love.

*kiss*

~R

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Anon... wishes are good - plans and action make them come true. A lot to be said for the Laws of Attraction, the Secret and all those things,/ Being positive and having the right attitude along with the action and plan help with the wishes.

I too love the photo. Is that a lamp you own? It's a keeper.
Ter

Anonymous said...

Yes. Wishes are good. Doing what you can to make your dreams and wishes come true is absolutely necessary. Positive Mental Attitudes will go a long way.

The star is the topper for my Christmas tree. It is a copy of the one that was always on our tree as I was growing up. I took the photo one night in the dark room looking up into the tree. I think it turned out fabulously. I am totally keeping the star.

~ b