6.13.2010

Unexpectedly Expected now with New Pancakes!


So The Marrieds passed through town late Friday evening on their way to visit CS for Father's Day. Don't worry. No one has actually missed Father's Day. They made their trip a week early because they are busy next weekend when it is really Father's Day. The plan I was told, when they stopped by to say Hi, was that they would stop by again on Saturday evening on their way back home.

When 10 PM rolled around and I still hadn't heard from them I had the kid phone to see what was up with that. He did and discovered that they had only just left and would be here in under and hour. The kid then stated that they would want to spend the night since it was already going to be so late when they got here. I countered that they would not as I knew that they wanted to wake up at home this morning and get things done around the house.

Just before 11 I hear keys in the door. Struggling keys in the door. It actually sounded like they were having a battle with the keys and the keys were winning. After several attempts to get the door open in comes Mrs. Married, giggling and laughing as I ask her if she was having key/door problems. She then looks straight at me with her tired look and says "Can we stay at your house tonight? I'm tired." LMAO! Did the kid call it or what? Good thing I didn't bet him, eh? Which I rarely do because I always lose.

It is about 10 minutes after 9 now. I am, not surprisingly, the only one up. Well, unless you count the kitties, which I do. They were the first ones up and spent half an hour trying to get me to get up and feed them. But I digress. I have made coffee and am waiting for the house to wake. We are having Pancakes and vegetarian bacon aka facon for breakfast. mmmmm. The pancake recipe I am using is new to The Marrieds but the kid and I think we have finally found one that is pretty dang close to Ihops. If we are lucky Mrs. Married will treat us to another episode of *How to determine which is cup is coffee and which is syrup*. That is a story she will never outrun. It isn't a long story and the punch line is always the same. "Hey Mrs. Married, Remember the time you poured coffee instead of syrup on your pancakes?" She will then remind you that she mistook the coffee cup for the syrup cup because she hadn't yet had enough coffee. Good times. Good times.

I love Ihops. They have the best pancakes. I love pancakes. If you are lucky you live in a land where you can get Ihops pancakes 24 hours a day. Sadly I do not. You can't even get seated in my Ihops if you show up at 9:35 PM. {is that what time it was, darlin? } But that is a story for another day.

After hearing someone's blaring nuclear attack iPhone alarm go off 3 times I finally actually detect movement. That will be Mr. Married I am guessing. It probably wasn't even his alarm that got him up but rather the fact that I have sneezed about a dozen times in the past 3 minutes. heh! Whatever works, right?

How's your Sunday?
Love and Hugs,
~ b

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have beeen to IHops when travelling in the US of A. IN Canada there just aren't decent pancake places, except in Winnipeg - The "Original" Pancake House. I make my brother and SIL go with me when I am home for the giant Greman apple pancake. It too... is ALWAYS busy!
I learned how to make and apple pancake - from a recipe Aleks gave me I think. It's pretty good.
My standard pancakes are from Joy of Cooking. My girls Love Love them. Big fluffy and full of flavour. Put that on the list of things to do when at Blondie's - for when I get there!

Happy Sunday!

T

Rudy said...

How's my Sunday? drove into town to get cousins from motorhome rental and they treated us to breakfast at Denny's. I am there because Mrs Cousin was told once that the motorhome rental shuttle would take them to the train depot. I was thinking the depot downtown. the next time she talked they said no, their shuttle only goes out to the airport.

So last night they loaded all their luggage into my car and then this morning they headed out to return motorhome.

In the meantime, I had been talking with my good friend about clothes for the groomsmen at her wedding. Somehow the fact that she was thinking of ordering from Kohls comes up and that there is a Kohls in a new shopping center in Anchorage. I ask if she wanted to me to be a guinea pig and see how the clothes match the measurements she got from everyone. She is welcome to ride along. She accepts.

Meanwhile, as we are leaving motorhome rental, mrs cousin reads itinerary. Finds out it is the airport train depot. So yes, their shuttle would have taken them to that. I say no problem, when you are leaving the airport there is a sign saying parking one way and train depot the other. It is some special deal that tour lines have set up. you ship up to seward then bus or train to anchorage and fly home or you fly to anchorage and train or bus down to seward and take the ship south.

We go to breakfast and have a wonderful time laughing and visiting. Nobody is worried since we are only 15 min from the airport. I remember the signs from inside the airport and friend had been to a Christmas party there (she didn't drive there) and definitely knows that the train depot is at the airport.

We get to the airport and there are no signs whatsoever saying anything even remotely related to trains. I suggest going the departure route and as we pass the ticket counter entrances friend points off across the big divide and says that building with all the glass is the depot and sure enough we see a train there. only problem, you can't get there from here. As we are passing i notice that the parking structure is right beside it and the top level is the same level as the train. Surely, that must be where we should go.

So out around the rental car return and into the parking area we go. enter the structure and head for the top floor. Yeah, you can't there from here either. Well dang. Now we are starting to be concerned about time and still don't know how to get to a place we can clearly see.

out we go again, around the loop and this time we take the third alternative, that being the arrivals lane. as we approach friend suggests taking the bus and commercial lane to the left cuz that seems to be where the depot is. We bear left only to see that the left two lanes are no stopping and the rightmost lane is clearly filled with buses and taxis waiting on arriving guests. I fellow is walking across the lanes so I stop and say, we have to passengers for the train can you tell us where we need to drop them off. He had workers clothing so we hoped he was familiar enough with the place to give us a clue. He said that door right there is the depot. So I stop and we get out and get the luggage out.

more to come, I have exceeded a limit!

Rudy said...

As I am doing this illegal operation I notice that in the cement wall/barrier there is a lane that seems to lead away and there are buttons to push and what looks like ticket dispensers. Carved into the cement right in front of this is images of jets.

It seems to me after discussing it with friend that we should have gone through that gate, drawing a ticket to the parking area and that this unmarked path probably ended up at a section that said no right turn which we really wanted to do.

At no time during this entire ordeal did we (and we had 4 pairs of eyes looking) see anything at all that indicated which way to drop off passengers for the train. Other than friend having been to that building and the train parked on an elevated track above the roads, there was no indication whatsoever of that being the train depot. I think there was a tiny bit of writing above the door down below road level.

How is this helpful?

after getting the cousins off friend and I went to Kohls for the trying on of slacks. I volunteered my services so she could get how the measurements she received in the mail would actually work in the real world. As luck would have it she was able to get the clothing for all the men at greatly reduced father's day sale prices.

Now I am just going to chill for the rest of the time. Company gone, running around done. Nap time.

Anonymous said...

OY! I have a head ache just reading about this ordeal.
what a morning.

Oh my post? that should be GERMAN not GREMAN. I don't know what a GREMAN pancake would be. but a GERMAN apple pancake... almost better than sex.

t

Rudy said...

almost... heh, been too long huh?