7.12.2009

A Picture IS Worth a Thousand Words.


Last year when the kid was fixing to grad he, of course, had Senior Portraits done. They turned out so very nice. I ordered what I wanted and later that day passed on the info to the X so that he could order as well.

In the past I would have just asked him what he wanted and placed his order along with mine. This time I just wasn't in the mood to deal with his chickenshit ways so I left him to flap in the wind. I was a bit wicked in that I didn't tell him that if he placed his order with mine he would get a discount. Sometimes being an X doesn't really pay off, does it?? tee hee.


Cut to the kid's after grad party at my house where his grandmother {x's mother} noticed the framed 8x10's I had on display along with his trophy's, certificates and praises as well as his playbills from all the plays he participated in as the lighting tech. "Where is mine?", she wanted to know.

After an awkward pause the X had to admit that he hadn't ordered yet but he would and she would get one. I believe his delay in responding to his mother was because he was hoping I would offer her one of mine. ummm. NO.


For the record I paid for a million wallet size photos and included one in every grad announcement that went out. They were sent out to everyone in his family so grandma did have a photo it just wasn't an 8x10. NMP. The X did not offer a cent towards the kid's graduation expenses. I could have asked but it isn't as if he didn't know the kid was graduating. He had to know there were expenses, right?

The X also refused a glass of champagne to toast his son that night as well. I guess since his secretly pregnant new wifey couldn't drink he couldn't either. Or something. He refused a glass when the girl graduated from college too. WTF? That being said I did notice that he did not refuse a glass this past month at the after grad party for the son-in-law. Guess he is only allowed to drink when the new little wifey isn't around, eh?

Did I mention that they couldn't even bother to wait until the ink was dry on the kid's diploma before announcing to the world that they were having not one but two babies by years end? Yep, less than two days later I received panicked phone calls and instant messages from both kids telling me the news. Their reactions were sad and funny but that is a story for another day {maybe even tomorrow}. Shanking was brought up. Hilarious that was. {shhhh, don't give away the plot if you already know it ;-) }

Nothing like taking the spotlight off of your oldest and {then} only son during one of his biggest accomplishments to date, eh?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

he is such a chickenshit.

I wonder if grandma ever got her picture LOL

so nice of him to let you come to his rescue. The shock when you didn't. I would have loved to hear what was going through his head at the moment.

~R

Anonymous said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Derwood is a dope ;-) And what a looker he has for a next wife... SHEESH!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hmmmm he *Must* be related to my soon to be X. More about himnext blog over
Marie