10.25.2008

midnight ramblings.


yeah. I know its past midnight but hey it's 2 am and I am still up so cut me some slack, eh?

My almost 24 year old kids are home for a work weekend. That means we will be getting work done around Shenanigan Manor: The House. First up is setting my waterbed up. YaY!

Also on the list is outlets fixed, including the GFCI's in the bathroom. Hopefully the lawnmower will get fixed as well and I would really like the sprinkler valve and the drain in the kitchen sink fixed. We shall see how it goes.

I love it when the olders come home. They are such cool people. When they hit the house at midnight I know that it will be at least 2 before we have exhausted our immediate need to catch up and we head to our beds.

Within 5 minutes we have their things in from the car and we are sitting or standing around telling stories, interrupting each other,howling with laughter and eating donuts from Yum Yum. It brings a smile to my face even as I type. I love it. It erases my earlier thoughts of selling them all to the highest bidder. LOL!

I can't wait to get up in a few hours and spend more time with the 3 kids. It would only be better if Rudy could be here as well. sigh. {we miss you,darlin.}

According to missy, her father does not believe that the futon frame and mattress he gave to her brother smells of cat pee because of his cats but rather that my own cats smelled his cats on it and peed on it. ummm. yeah. okay. funny that there was NO wet spots either on the mattress or the floor around. To say nothing of the fact that when I removed the mattress from the house the room still smelled and I had to clean the frame more than once. {The room no longer smells, btw.} I am gonna call *idiot* on this one. YOUR futon and mattress smells of cat piss. That means that the room that you are putting your new babies in also smells. No doubt!

Speaking of the new babies, missy told me their names. Matthew Ryan and Zachary Daniel. When I heard Zachary Daniel I started cracking up. They are naming their child Zach Daniel{s}. bwahahahaha! Missy says she is going to point that out. Zach Daniel is better than Jack Daniel..but only slightly. We had a good laugh over that one.

So there ya go.
she rambles.
and now she sleeps.
{hopefully}

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so,... you'res saying that shipping the younger off spring to a German boarding school with moats and no way off the island might not be a good idea at the moment?
M

Anonymous said...

The creature refutes the claim that Zach Daniel is better than Jack Daniel.

Anonymous said...

Hey M, they are talking bourbon not scotch so we can sit this out LMAO

I wish I could have been there too honey. I miss the kids.

And I am sure the guys wouldn't mind an extra set of hands.

Anonymous said...

Have a great visit and a wonderful time with the "olders"....

Miss you tons,

Lily

word ver "menited"

(reunited) cool