9.16.2011

I love putting food in jars.


14 pounds of Roma Tomatoes cooked down, food milled and sent through a sieve = the most delicious, fresh tasting Tomato Sauce ever. 4.5 pints of it actually. Photos some day but today it is dark and dreary which does not equal good lighting for photography.

All that is left to can is the cherry plums which have been pitted and are chilling out {literally} in the freezer.

Then we wait for the pomegranates to ripen and the next round of canning will begin.

What have you been up to?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

geez... I didn't even make any strawberry jam which is nothing compared to this tomato marathon I'm reading about.

I'm spending tooooooo much time with "the beau" and not near enough time managing my house.

waiting for the pictures ...
t