5.19.2011

Thursday Thirteen -

13 ways I am trying to live green:
  1. Recycling - Cans, plastic & glass for cash. Everything else recyclable goes in the bin to be picked up once a week
  2. Cleaning with a mixture of vinegar and water
  3. 100% recycled paper products
  4. Buying organic produce when I can
  5. Nalgene water bottles
  6. Brita filter pitcher
  7. Vinegar to kill weeds
  8. Paraben free hair care products
  9. Replacing plastic storage containers with glass containers
  10. Composting bin under the sink
  11. Cold water wash for clothing
  12. Drinking organic milk
  13. Catching rain water to be used to water plants

2 comments:

Rudy said...

recycling is tough in rural ak. we don't do much cuz it has to be shipped out. And what we do recycle seems to be very complicated. some things are straight up, aluminum cans, food cans, newspapers and cardboard of certain types. after that it gets very confusing and we don't do glass.

I have been buying more organic fresh food and prepared foods.

recycled tissue and paper towels

I avoid plastic water bottles like the plague. I could go into a whole rant but I'll leave it to the reader to check out some books on bottling water...

I quit using plastic bags for garbage. I know the idea was to keep trash contained and not blowing all over the country but I can't see adding plastic to the land.

too cold to compost much up here.

cold water in the washers. capture water in a bucket while waiting for warm and use it to flush toilets and water the dogs.

I am doing the same thing with soaps that you are. and I am switching away from antibacterial cuz I want bacteria in my septic tank. they make it work right.

MarieA said...

I am a real vinegar fan. I have been cleaning with vinegar forever. I have never had glass cleaners in my house. It also works as an anti bacterial so I add it to dish water. Never knew I could use it to kill weeds. It works does it.
That`s next.
Great list.
happy greening!