1.27.2011

Thursday Thirteen.

13 things I should be doing
but can't seem to find the energy
{or motivation} to do.


  1. put away the last of the Christmas things {there isn't much left}
  2. fix the wind-chimes {at least they are in the garage since the kid took them down for me last night due to the high winds and the ridiculous amount of noise they were making.}
  3. grind coffee to make a fresh pot {that needs to happen asap - the lack of fresh coffee could be contributing to my slackassery}
  4. hem my jeans {two pair to be exact. Plus there is a stack of mending that also needs doing.}
  5. clean through the boxes {yes, the ones in the garage. The ones that still hold all the crap I can't find}
  6. juice the last of the pomegranates {juiced a bunch this past weekend and made jelly. Really seriously good jelly.}
  7. edit some photos {I have a lot backed up but have allowed someone's comment a while back to stifle my creative energy}
  8. write {I read an old bloggy recently. It was interesting. I am not bad in the writing department and need to get back to it}
  9. take some photos {but if I take photos then I need to edit them. See #7}
  10. deconstruct and recycle packing boxes {there are a lot of empties in the garage. I need a bigger recycling container I think. Or to break them down more often. Or something}
  11. organize the cupboards in the garage {they are a jumble after the holidays due to moving things around to access other dishes}
  12. make a page on The Knot {I should have done this a long time ago but didn't. Rudy and I talked about it briefly last night. Once I get started it should be fun. Problem is getting started. Which you know from the title is the subject of this 13.}
  13. go to the grocery {I hate shopping. Of any kind. I am probably going to put it off until tomorrow morning. That should send my Friday into a lovely fit of confusion.}

2 comments:

MarieA said...

How did I miss this yesterday!?
Sounds a lot like the yucky stuff I am doing. ( blog entry coming soon on that subject)
hope it went well.
I have a couple of Christmas things out - they're more winter than Christmas so I'll keep them out through February and then put them away.
Do I know what The Knot is?

and yes... do keep blogging... FB doesn't do that part of our lives justice. I don't much like grocery shopping either... unless I am going for meditative purposes rather than need purposes. I like just browsing the aisles, slowly, sorta half listening to what's going on around me and seeing what's new. I am in some sort of reflective state - zen like.
I need to get back to 13s too.
thanks for the boost.

Anonymous said...

I agree about the FB and the blogging. There is just too much I want or need to say that I can't or don't want to put out there for the entire world to see. And by world I mean my kids, Rudy's kids and my family. They are on a need to know basis and some things they just don't need to know.

The Knot is a website for engaged type people. One can make a site that is all about their engagement and wedding plans. Rudy's Son and his fiance just put one up as they are getting married a year from now-ish. I will let you know when {or if} I actually get motivated enough to make one.

I hate grocery shopping but at least with it I have a plan. I have my list organized by the route I take through the store. I rarely browse through.

I see you have a new bloggy up and I look forward to reading more of your adventures with VNN.

love ya, girlfriend.
~ b