11.18.2009

Wordy Wednesday {with bonus photo}


As I awoke yesterday I immediately began to think about the book release that was occurring as I laid there in bed. {Not what a guy wants to hear from his woman,eh honey. sorry. ily! ;-)}I have been obsessing over the book and the *author* {if you could call her that considering she used a ghost writer not only for her book but for most everything else she has put out in public, save her twitter account} for a very long time. I have just kept it to myself. Perhaps I didn't want y'all to think I was as batshit crazy as the *author*. I am not, btw. This woman is a fraud and is dangerous. But I digress.

Her book. I didn't want to buy it. I have been saying for months now that I refuse to put money into her pocket. I lied. I had hoped that the blogs I read and the news reports I would watch would keep me from buying the book. The more I read and heard and saw, the more I knew I had to read this for myself.

I held out until about 4:30 yesterday afternoon and then convinced my kid to go with me to the store. I came out of the store with these two items.
I surmised that I would need one to get through the other. I was not mistaken.

While paying for the above I also got my first birthday present. The checker, an older woman, told me she would need to see my I.D. I obliged without a second thought. I don't mind getting carded. I don't know how it works in your land but in mine you usually get carded if you don't look to be over 40 years of age. Considering the number of candles that will be on my cake this year, I will take a carding any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Again, I digress.

She took my ID into her hand and looked at it. Then she looked up at me. Then she looked at it again while using her finger to underscore the date. And then she looked at me again while handing my ID back to me stating *I just don't believe it*.

I smiled and asked her how old she thought I was. She smiled back and said that she thought I was no older than my late 20's. I grinned at her, thanked her and told her that I would be 48 on Thursday. She looked back at me incredulously and wished me a happy birthday.


So there you have it. I don't look older than late 20's. My daughter says that the lady saw how old I was and wanted to make me feel good. I told my daughter that I just don't care. I am still smiling today. Hopefully I will retain that warm and fuzzy feeling of looking like I am in my late 20's well into the weekend.

The book. Well. After two glasses of wine and two cups of coffee I only got through 81 pages out of 413. I finally put the book down and turned out the lights about midnight-thirty after having the book hit me in the face as it fell due to the fact that I had fallen asleep reading it. TWICE.

I am going to give it another go today. We shall see how far I get. Last night as I was reading it I kept thinking that there was absolutely no way this book could be anything but fiction.

At least I still have more than half the bottle of wine left.

Yeah. I bought the book. Don't you judge me.

5 comments:

Rudy said...

now how is it that when I say you look young and pretty you don't believe me but when a complete stranger says it.....

:-)

and your daughter was just being mean. :-P

the more wine you drink the longer it will take to read the book, then again, it might make more sense. lol

Lily on the Road said...

Jeezzz, who knew you'd get carded buying a book, well, now I've heard of everything! LOL

I'm with Rudy, the more wine, the longer the book will be....zzzzzzzz

oh, sorry I dosed off...LOL

happy birthday (tomorrow) xoxoxoxo

MarieA said...

EYE-YA-YAI!!! You BOUGHT that book?!?! OY! I could have saved you a pile of money and told you to get it from the public library I never buy books - or very rarely. I am on the wait list for reserves for over 40 books right now...

I am not *judging* you my dear, rolls eyes...

Now having said that... with the usual three week loan period and number of naps involved with the reading of this bit of whatever you want to call it....... probably just as well you bought it. keep the receipt and return it if it really gets bad.

now don't you judege ME heh heh heh

Rudy said...

She was on pins and needles and "on the horns of an enema" for days now. Waiting on a list would just NOT do. LOL

Anonymous said...

Honey? I don't know what *on the horns of an enema* means and I don't think I want to know either. However, are you judging me? I will phone you up right now and make you listen to the ultimate mean girls story read outloud to you. ;-)

~ b